Top 10 Best Places To Visit India In Summer
Top 10 Best Places To Visit India In Summer
Hill station and sea side are top destination in India. Goa, Dalhousie, Lakshwadeep Islands, Dharamsala, Srinagar, Chettinad, Cochin are places where you can enjoy summer vacation. Aryavrit Travels offers summer tour packages for you for summer.
1. GOA- Goa is one of the most exotic tourist destinations in India and is a place of primary importance in the tourism industry. Goa has also been a prime location for honeymoon couples. During the Indian summer, one can have the pleasure of water sports, excursions, safaris, stay in houseboats at the backwaters, plantations visit, cycling and many more. Since the Portuguese visited India and lived here over a period of time, the houses and the hotels still have the same Portuguese architecture. The environment of this tropical place provides a delightful and relaxing experience in the heat.
2. Dalhousie – Dalhousie is a heavenly place in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. If you wish to spend some days in a magnificent villa surrounding artistic hills, then Dalhousie is the place for you. When the British Governor General to India Lord Dalhousie visited India, he established this place where he and his family could enjoy during the summer heat. Trekking to the Daikund Peak is something that needs to be done when you are in the town. This is the reason why this place is called ‘ Mini Switzerland’. You can have the most picturesque feeling while having a boat ride at the Chamera Lake.
3. Lakshwadeep Islands – The Lakshwadeep Island truly captivate the tourists who visit these fascinating group of Islands. Also known as the Laccadive Islands, these are declared as a union territory by the Government of India. It is a popular destination for river rafters, surfers and people fond of canoeing, kayaking, water skiing and other water related sports. These islands provide the quiet and calm environment that one needs to get away from the daily hectic schedules of their lives.
4. Dharamsala – Dharamsala is the residence of His Holiness The Dalai Lama and is also the headquarters of the Central Tibetian Association. On the 19th of January, it was declared as the winter capital of the Indian state Himachal Pradesh. Dharamsala is an important pilgrimage as well as a hub for the adventure sports and trekking. There are several routes available for trekking each with astonishing beauty of waterfalls, mountains and the oak trees. The Dalai Lama Temple Complex includes place like the Tsuglagkhang, the Namgyal Gompa, the Kalachakra Temple & the Tibet Museum. The temple complex offers an insight into the lives of Tibetan monks and priests.
5. Srinagar – If you are in India during the summer, a visit to this celestial place is a must. Srinagar is the summer capital of the artistic Indian states of Jammu and Kashmir. Srinagar has been the prime choice of movie directors as their location of their work. A ‘Shikara’ ride on the Dal Lake surrounded by majestic mountains leaves the visitor mesmerised. One speciality of Srinagar is that beauty lies within every aspect of this place, one forgets all sorrows when one gets the vision of Srinagar hills glistening in white snow.
6 . Chettinad – Chettinad, renowned for its craftsmanship, the quality of its cuisine and the nostalgic luxury of its small palaces. The area was inhabited by a community of very wealthy merchants and bankers in the late 19th, early 20th century. Their fortunes made it possible to finance the construction of sumptuous baroque houses and quite unique with the use of noble materials such as Burma Teak and Italian marble. The artisan tradition is still very alive in this region and one can visit workshops on wood, on silver or a factory of faience and tiles, specialty of the region.
7. Cochin – Since ancient times, the port city of Kochi is known to be an important commercial center. It was a prosperous stopover on the roads of silk and spices and still enjoys great activity today as well as being an important naval base. Cochin is a tropical place with eye – catching flora. One can never forget a walk on the beaches of Kochi after the sunset while enjoying coconut water.
8. Manali:- Manali is a awesome for your summer vacations. It is a Valley nestled in the mountains of Himachal Pradesh. Main places of attraction in Manali are Hidimba Devi Temple, Bhrigu Lake, Pin Valley National Park, Rohtang Pass, Great Himalayan National Park, Manali Club House and many more which makes your this summer memorable. Manali is a Hill Stattion which is situated at height of 2050m in the Himalayas. The name of Manali is on the name of Sanatan Hindu lawgiver Manu. For nature’s lover, this place is Heaven. Here you definitely finds extraordinary collection of unknown and rare antiques such as religious relics, household objects, instruments, weapons, architectural wood carvings, scale models and more at the Museum of Himachal Culture & Folk art.
9. Shillong:- Shillong is Hill Station and also capital of Meghalaya. It is also known as “The Abode of Clouds”. Shillong is calculated as one of the smallest states in India. It is headquarter of East Khasi Hills district. Major places of attraction in Shillong is Don Bosco Centre for Indigenous Cultures, Umiam Lake, Elephant Falls, Ward’s Lake, Shillong View Point, Sweet Falls, Lumpongdeng Island and lots of other places where you feel real piece. This place reminds you the European settlers of Scotland. Ands thats why this place is also known as Scotland of the East.
10. Gangtok:- Gangtok is capital of Sikkim and also headquarters of the East Sikkim district. It is situated at eastern Himalayan range. Best places of tourism in Gangtok are Nathula Pass, Tsomgo Lake, MG Marg, Hanuman Tok, Ranka Monastery, Himalayan Zoological Park, Ganesh Tok View Point and many other places which enforcing you to feel wow. If you visit north Sikkim, then this place is popular for its panoramic views of Mount Kanchenjunga. Gangtok is also a centre of Tibetan Buddhist culture. You also learn with the presence of several monasteries, centres for Tibetology, and religious educational institutions.