Top 5 places to visit in Kerala
Top 5 places to visit in Kerala
Top 5 destination in Kerala , South India. Kerala Known as God’s own country.
Beautiful Kerala known for its backwaters, Houseboat ride, palm-lined beaches, A network of canals, mountains , Western Ghats, tea – coffee & spice plantations and Farm. As well as wildlife, safari at National parks & sanctuaries.
Destination: Kochi, Alleppey, Munnar, Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary
1. Kochi : Kochi is an important port city in the India n state of Kerela. Due to the geographical location and the pleasing natural beauty, it is also called God’s own country due to the inherent naturalness of the place. Known as the ‘ Queen of Arabian Sea’ it was and still is famous for the spices all over the world. Kochi has a strong influence of the Portuguese culture which can be seen in the architecture of the buildings. Best places to visit in Kochi include the Kochi fort, Kochi backwaters , the Mattancherry Palace and the Hill Palace.
2. Alleppey Backwaters – Alleppy is a town located in Kerala and is famous for it’s beautiful canals, dams, lakes and lagoons. The clean water and the cool breeze around th lakes just mesmerizes the tourists. The people experience the real beauty of the lakes by staying in the cruises and houseboats which can be taken on rent for a night. One can imagine the pleasure of sleeping inside a decorative and stunning houseboat. A trip through the backwaters of Alleppey is worth remembering for a lifetime.
3. Munnar – Munnar is a hill station situated in Kerala in the Western Ghats. Drive to Munnar in the most spectacular mountainous landscapes of South India. A haven of peace and freshness, these panoramas decorated with tea plantations and spices, rivers, lakes and dense forests offer vibrant shades of green. This small mountain resort at an altitude of 1,600 meters was a popular vacation spot for the British at the time of the British Raj. Visit of a tea plantation and then of the museum of the tea retracing the origin of this famous brew since 1880. While being driven around Munnar, it is hard to stop taking photos and marvelling at the tea gardens.
4. Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary – The Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary is a tiger reserve located in the Cardamom Hills in the Indian state of Kerala. Periyar Tiger Reserve, Thekkady, is an example of nature’s beauty with great scenery. It is home to variety of animal species like the Nilgai, White Tigers, Sloth Bear, Mongoose, Bison and many more. It is a place where you can visit a spice garden where you can find a very wide range of plants like pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, cardamom, chilies, mustard, ginger, cloves, cocoa.
5. Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary – Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, an ornithological paradise reserve and home to many rare species of the birds. Bird watchers and photographers from all over the world visit this bird sanctuary every year. The place is home to the Indian cokoo, heorn, cormorant, Siberian crane and many others which fly here during migratory seasons. One can see rare species of water plants named “Kandal” which acts as a barrier to the strong waves that arise from the lakes.